Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our New Jobs



We each have new jobs waiting for us when we get to Texas that we are thrilled about. Charlie will be working for UNUM, an employee benefits company. His "job title" is a sales consultant trainee, of employee benefits. Once he begins work (Monday July 7) we will be able to give a few more details on what his job will actually entail..... he does know several people in this industry who really enjoy the work and opportunities it will provide. As you know, Charlie is a very relational type of person, and we think this job will allow him to do what he enjoys doing most....building relationships with others! He will drive to Addison, Texas to his office each day, only about a 15-20 minute drive from Frisco, where we hope to be living.






I got a job at Christie Elementary in Frisco, teaching 4th grade. I report August 13 for new teacher orientation. Then school doesn't start until August 25!! Wow, with this move I extended my summer by 2 weeks, can't beat that:) My school looks fantastic and I will get a classroom INSIDE the building for the first time!! I am very excited about that part.....for those of you who don't know, I have taught all 3 years in a portable classroom, which has it's pros and cons....but think it will make my day a little more predictable (no windstorms, no sandstorms and no rainstorms while we walk to the building, 4 times a day:))


We will keep you posted on how those new jobs work are working out for us!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Christie Elem. is so lucky to get you. We love you and we are going to miss you so much! Thank you for all you do.
Keri and Kali

Keri said...

Hi mrs.page,
This is kali. I was just exploring your blog,you did an exilent job. Thank you so much for toutering me. Now I will be prepared for the 6th grade. Your a great teacher. I love you!!!!


love
kali