Saturday, August 2, 2008

TEXAS!!

It has been way to long since I have posted! Let me catch everyone up to speed;) I (Briana) drove out to Frisco last Sunday with Molly and Teddy! So far Frisco has far surpassed Charlie and I's expectations. Everyone we meet has been wonderful and the area is beautiful!

Currently we are staying with Charlie's sister JoDe, husband Rick and their two boys Noah and Jakob. They are so generous to let us stay during our transition period. We have started looking at some houses. Right now there seems to be a couple pretty great deals, so we will keep you posted on our search!

Charlie continues to enjoy his work. He is mostly studying and preparing for tests that he is and will be taking periodically. He passed one already, so he is off to a good start. I visited my school (and it is soooooo nice!) , I love the way it is set up. I also met all of the ladies I will be teaching, they seem to be a close group that works very well together! Such a blessing!! I might have to take a test to receive my standard Texas license, but for now I have a one-year license that will allow me to teach this school year.

Lastly, we are visiting a church tomorrow that we have a feeling might be our new church. It is called The Village and it is in Highland Village, Texas. Charlie visited last weekend and felt that it would be a great fit for us. For those of you who don't know, Desert Springs Church (in Albuquerque), was and is such a wonderful place to worship and grow. We hated to leave it and our friends too!! But on the positive side, this church was recommended by someone from Desert Springs and from what we understand is very similar. So that would be a so good to find our new church home and begin meeting new friends:)

Now that we are somewhat settled, I will try and post more often! ;)

No comments: